How to Make Beer Candy Bacon
Here’s a holiday appetizer idea for the bacon fanatics in your life. And let’s be honest – who isn’t a bacon fanatic? You only need 3 ingredients, and did we mentioned that the recipe creates candy bacon?
Here’s what you need:
-1 lb of thick cut, high quality bacon
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup + 2 tbsp beer (MyFridgeFood used a stout)
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together your brown sugar and beer in a small bowl to form a thin syrup.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Put the pieces of bacon on top of the rack. It’s ok if the pieces overlap.
- Put baking sheet in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Flip and coat the other side with syrup. Return to oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and repeat the process another time or two until the bacon is nicely crispy and browned and you’ve used all of the glaze.
- Cool on wire rack for at least an hour before you serve.
Thanks to MyFridgeFood for the recipe!