Since oatmeal seems like a pretty popular topic among frugal people everywhere, I thought this delicious looking recipe from Cooking with My Kid was not to be overlooked. With this recipe, you basically bake your own oatmeal right inside of a cantaloupe-sized pumpkin. The results look amazing!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 sugar pumpkins (cantaloupe size)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 3/4 to 1 cup low fat milk (depending on how milky you want your oatmeal)
- 1 apple (diced small)
- extra brown sugar for sprinkling
- extra milk for splashing (optional)
Head over to Cooking with My Kid for instructions on how to make this mouthwatering fall treat!