Here’s a fruity idea that we just love. When you eat ice cream, are you a cup or a cone person? I’m definitely more of a cup person, but it’s not because I don’t love the act of eating ice cream from a cone. I’m just not a huge fan of the taste/texture of ice cream cones. However, I’d definitely be into this idea from Dude Foods.
Here’s How It’s Done:
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Stir in 10 oz. of marshmallows until they melt with the butter.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in 6 cups of Fruity Pebbles.
- Spread the cereal mixture, as thinly as possible, onto some wax paper. Top with another layer of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, flatten the cereal mixture as much as you can.
- Using a cone form, wrap cereal mixture into cone shapes (you should be able to make at least 3 with this recipe.
Then, you can fill your cone with any ice cream you’d like, or you can take a leaf out of Dude Food’s book:
Unlike with the Rice Krispies Treat Cone where I used chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream I instead opted for regular ol’ vanilla this time, but with one small exception… I also mixed in the leftover Fruity Pebbles that I had with the ice cream, which combined with the Fruity Pebbles that were already in the cone made this so, so good!
Isn’t this a pretty brilliant idea? We’re thinking that you could apply the same principle to any similar cereal. How about a Cocoa Pebbles ice cream cone? Or a plain Rice Krispies Treats cone?