How to Make an Easy Cheddar-Bacon Loaf
Here’s another perfect appetizer to serve for your Super Bowl party. It’s super simple and involves bread, cheese and of course, bacon; so there’s really no way you can go wrong. Here’s how you can make this party pleasing appetizer courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens:
Here’s what you need:
-one 16-ounce loaf baguette-style French bread
-1/2 8-ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces
-2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
-2 teaspoons yellow mustard
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife, cut bread crosswise into 1″ slices, making sure not to cut all the way through the bottom crust.
- Stir together cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, mustard, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread this mixture between the the slices of bread, then wrap the whole loaf in foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bread is heated through and cheese has melted.