How To Get Silky Smooth Summer Legs the DIY Way
Summer time means shorts, skirts and bathing suits, and letting your legs breathe. Since they’ll be out and about more often, why not give your gams some extra TLC with a homemade in-shower body lotion? One Good Thing by Jillee shares her DIY version and her exfoliating routine to make shaving and skin care more effective and long-lasting. (Fun fact: you should be exfoliating every time you shave!) Your skin will be silky soft, smooth, and ready to run, dance, swim, and play all summer long.
– 1 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup olive oil (You can also use coconut oil, baby oil, canola oil, etc.)
– 3 tablespoons citrus juice (lemon or lime) OR 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Mix the sugar, oil and juice together in a mason jar (or any other container you want), and shake it all up.
- Hydrate your legs by soaking them in the tub for 5 minutes, or simply standing under the water during your normal shower while you shampoo and condition your hair.
- Apply your mixture to your skin and rub it in well.
- Shave as you normally do.
- Rinse and repeat each step, including another round of shaving.
- Use a mild soap or body wash to wash off the oil completely.
- Finish up with your favorite lotion.
Note: Be careful with the oil in the shower, as it will make everything pretty slippery! Be kind to whoever uses the shower after you and make sure the bottom is oil-free.
The natural ingredients in this lotion are key! The sugar gets rid of dirt and excess skin, the juice acts as a mild skin peel, and the oil provides deep, long-lasting moisturizing. No wonder your legs feel so good after using it! Will you give this lotion a try?