How to Create DIY Stained Glass Bottles
There are lots of projects that you can try out using recycled glass bottles that you’ve accumulated. Just this week, we showed you an easy method for cutting glass bottles. Now we’ve found a great tutorial from My Design Folder that shows you how to dye bottles for use in any project.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty (and clean) glass bottles
- Vitriol glass paint (P99 in National Bookstore; available in several colors)
- Acetone or nail polish remover (you’ll use this as a thinner for the paint)
Here’s what you do:
- Mix together glass paint with a small amount of acetone in your bottle. Just use enough acetone to partially thin down the paint’s consistency.
- Mix them together and swirl the mixture around until it completely covers the interior glass.
- Let the paint dry for several days before using.
Don’t worry if the paint looks cloudy. It will eventually become translucent with a glass-like finish as it dries.
For the full tutorial and several step-by-step photos, be sure to head over to My Design Folder’s d.i.y. stained bottles.