Have you ever forgotten to clean your paint brushes after painting and ended up with rock hard dry paint stuck on your brush? All hope is not lost if this is the case. Here is a solution for your problem from Renest involving one of Tip Hero’s favorite household champions – white vinegar:
Here’s what you do:
- Soak your dirty brush in vinegar for about an hour until you’re able to bend the bristles.
- Fill up a saucepan with vinegar until the bristles of the brush are covered.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Take the pan off of the heat. Let the vinegar cool for a minute or so before you remove the brush.
- The paint should still be attached to the brush. Comb the bristles gently with your fingers and the paint should start to fall away.
- Rinse the brush under running water to release the loosened paint.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 as necessary until you have a clean brush.
Thanks to Renest for the tip!