We love avocados and we love eggs. So this recipe pretty much takes the cake. These cute little avocado and egg “boats” are the perfect breakfast or snack when you need a boost. Be warned though: that runny yolk drizzled all over that creamy avocado might be too much deliciousness to handle.
Here’s what you need (but feel free to play around with ingredients you love):
-1 ripe avocado
-2 slices bacon, chopped
-1 scallion, sliced
-2 pieces whole-wheat toast
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice a small bit off of the bottoms of each half so that they can rest without rolling on a flat surface. Also, if the hole doesn’t look big enough to hold an egg, scoop out a little more.
- Slip an egg yolk into each avocado half. Then carefully pour enough egg white in to fill up the rest of the hole. If it overflows a little bit, that’s definitely okay.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or so.
- While avocados are baking, cook your bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels.
- Remove avocados from oven and top with scattered bacon and scallions.
- Serve warm, alone or with toast.