How to Bake an Egg in an Avocado Hole
We love avocados and we love eggs. So this recipe pretty much takes the cake. These cute little avocado and egg “boats” are the perfect breakfast or snack when you need a boost. Be warned though: that runny yolk drizzled all over that creamy avocado might be too much deliciousness to handle.
Here’s what you need (but feel free to play around with ingredients you love):
-1 ripe avocado
-2 slices bacon, chopped
-1 scallion, sliced
-2 pieces whole-wheat toast
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice a small bit off of the bottoms of each half so that they can rest without rolling on a flat surface. Also, if the hole doesn’t look big enough to hold an egg, scoop out a little more.
- Slip an egg yolk into each avocado half. Then carefully pour enough egg white in to fill up the rest of the hole. If it overflows a little bit, that’s definitely okay.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or so.
- While avocados are baking, cook your bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels.
- Remove avocados from oven and top with scattered bacon and scallions.
- Serve warm, alone or with toast.