How Make Adorable Mini Blueberry Pies
If you love pie, then here’s a great recipe that you’ll want to try before pie month is over. These little pies are the perfect size for a quick sweet treat. And the best part about them is that you can customize them with any filling you’d like. Here’s how to make simple little blueberry pies, courtesy of Hungry Girl:
Here’s what you need:
-1/2 tbsp cornstarch
-2 cups blueberries, fresh or thawed from frozen
-2 tbsp granulated white sugar
-1/2 tbsp lemon juice
-1/8 tsp vanilla extract
-1/8 tsp salt
-1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
Here’s what you do:
- Mix together 1/3 cup of cold water and cornstarch in a small, nonstick pot. Stir to dissolve.
- Add in the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt.
- Set the heat to medium and stir mixture frequently. Cook until the mixture about 16-18 (until it’s thick and gooey). The mixture will boil and that’s ok!
- Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool completely for about an hour.
- While mixture is cooling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly flour a cutting board. Then, roll out dough into a large rectangle of even thickness (about 12″ by 9″). Cut dough evenly into 12 squares and place each square into a muffin cup, pressing into the bottoms and up along the sides.
- Bake dough in muffin tins until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).
- Let cool for about 15 minutes. Then divide the blueberry mixture among the dough cups.
- Enjoy the fact that you don’t have to share your pie with anyone!