Hot Italian Sandwiches
Sandwiches are one of the – if not THE – easiest dishes to throw together when you just don’t have the energy to cook anything else. Just because they’re easy and simple, though, doesn’t mean they have to be boring! Case in point: our Hot Italian Sandwiches! With all the classic Italian meats you could crave – ham, salami, pepperoni and more – and on toasted-to-perfection hoagie rolls spread with a delectable garlic herb butter, these sandwiches are simple, yet anything but basic. Let us demonstrate the best way to bring all the tasty components together, then read on for the full step-by-step instructions.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
HOT ITALIAN SANDWICHES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 – 9-ounce package applewood-smoked ham
- 1 – 4-ounce package salami
- 1 – 4-ounce package pepperoni
- 24 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt. Reserve 1 to 2 tablespoons of this garlic herb butter, and evenly spread the rest of the garlic herb butter on the insides of each hoagie roll.
- Layer 2 slices of the ham, 3 slices of the salami, 4 slices of the pepperoni, 2 slices of the mozzarella, and 4 to 5 of the pepperoncini inside each hoagie roll.TipHero
- Fold the sandwiches closed and place on a sheet pan, with the top of each hoagie roll facing up. Brush the top of each roll with remaining herb butter.
- Bake the sandwiches for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melted and the bread is toasted. Serve warm.
How utterly satisfying do these sandwiches look? They’re everything one could possibly want a cold autumn night, and you just can’t beat the easy recipe and super-quick way they come together. Even better, since you bake them all at once on a sheet pan in the regular oven, it’s so easy to make enough to feed your whole family, a party, or whatever crowd of people in your home you need to satisfy. So great!
Now you tell us— what sandwiches do you love to make to satisfy both your need for ease and need for taste? Do you think you’ll give these Hot Italian Sandwiches a try? How would you change them up? Tell us if you give them a try and let us know how they turn out for you!
Recipe adapted from Wonky Wonderful