Homemade Silly Putty in Just 5 Minutes
If your kids love playing with sensory things like candy play dough, magic goo and glitter play dough, then they’ll love this homemade silly putty. It’s made very easily with just a few ingredients and this recipe from Paging Fun Mums. And though it only take 5 minutes to make, it provides hours of entertainment.
1 bottle of Elmer’s Glue
1/2 cup room temperature water
1/2 teaspoon Borax
1/4 cup hot water
- Pour glue into a small bowl. Then add in the 1/2 cup of room temperature water. Mix these two ingredients until well combined.
- Add in a few drops of your desired food coloring and mix until combined.
- In a separate container, pour in the 1/4 cup hot water. Add the Borax to the hot water, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the Borax solution into the glue mixture int he bowl and stir.
- Enjoy your silly putty! you can roll it, make impressions in it, and even bounce it!
- Store for several weeks in airtight containers or snap lock bags.
*Note: This stuff is not edible, so be sure to supervise little ones who like to put play things in their mouths!