This Homemade Ice Cream Shell Only Requires 2 Ingredients and It’s Much Healther than Store-Bought
Does anyone remember those chocolate shells that came out of the bottle as chocolate sauce and then hardened into a deliciously crunchy shell? I LOVED those chocolate shells. In fact, I’m craving them right now. If you’re looking for a blast-from-the-past in chocolate form, try making those chocolate shells at home! Best of all? This DIY chocolate shell is much healthier than those store-bought ones we loved growing up! Watch the video below to learn how to make this simple shell.
I didn’t even say the best part! This recipe only requires TWO ingredients. Could it be anymore simple to make this decadent ice cream topping? And with ice cream season on the horizon, you’ll have lots of opportunities and no excuses to whip up these vegan-friendly chocolate shells.
TWO-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE SHELL
– 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy free works great!)
– 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
2. Allow to sit for a few minutes and stir until creamy.
3. Drizzle on top of ice cream and watch it harden before your eyes!
4. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a month.
5. Reheat in 30 second intervals in the microwave until liquidy and warm.