If you’re a caramel lover, then this is your dream come true. This homemade lava cake is so simple to make and it goes great with anything, fruit, powdered sugar, frosting – you name it! Did I mention it’s filled with caramel? Yep. This is a perfect little treat to make for yourself or to spice up your date night menu, guaranteed to impress even the pickiest dessert lover.
- Half egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups or 300 gr caramel ( or boil 1 can of condensed milk to make caramel)
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- Icing sugar
- Berries ( for decoration)
- Step 1 : If you dont have store boigh caramel, you can boil 1 can of condensed milk for 2-3 hours.
Preheat the oven at 220C or 425F.
- Step 2 : Using room temperature butter brush inside the individual molds or ramekins. You could even use a muffin pan. Add flour and shake it well ensuring that all the interior is coated.
- Step 3 : In a stand mixer or by hand whisk the egg and egg yolk until very fluffy and pale. Add the caramel and continue whisking until it’s fully incorporated.
- Step 4 : Add the flour and stir by hand.
- Step 5 : Pour the batter into the individual molds leaving a little room on top. Place them in a baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are baked but the center is still very wobble.
- Step 6 : Run a knife around the edges and unmold it warm. Serve immediately with icing sugar, berries and ice cream.
This looks like it came straight from a restaurant – but it came from your kitchen! What do you think of this impressive dessert recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.