When you want to have a potato side dish for dinner, there’s always the old go-to of mashed ones. Lately, though, we’re going in a slightly different, totally delicious direction: smashed potatoes! This way of preparing new potatoes, sprinkled with our favorite fresh herbs and baked in the oven, is super easy and super tasty. You won’t want your potatoes any other way. Check them out!
HERB SMASHED POTATOES
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- New potatoes
- Sea salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Fresh or dried thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Olive oil
- Fill a large stock pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil and salt liberally.
- Add the potatoes to the water and boil for 15 to 20 minutes, until fork tender. Strain and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- Drizzle olive oil on a sheet pan and place the potatoes on the pan. With the palm of your hand, press down on the center to smash each potato.
- Drizzle each potato with olive oil and season with sea salt, black pepper and fresh thyme.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the tops are browned and the potatoes are crisp.
Easy! Have you ever “smashed” your potatoes before? What are your favorite ways to eat some spuds for dinner?
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Recipe adapted from Domestic Superhero