Wake Up Each Morning With These Sweet Sugar-Free Breakfast Bars
Breakfast bars are such a heaven-send when you’re on-the-go or in a hurry, but the ones you get from the store are almost always packed with artificial ingredients, sugars and who knows what else. We could always shell out extra cash for healthier and organic versions, but why do that when it’s so easy to make our own? Susan Jane White visits Jamie Oliver to show us how.
– 9 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (140 millliliters) melted extra virgin coconut oil
– 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) good quality honey (or maple syrup for vegans)
– 2 handfuls of regular pitted dates (2/3 cups or 100 grams)
– 1 banana, mashed
– 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– Pinch freshly-grated nutmeg
– Generous pinch sea salt flakes
– 2 1/4 cups (200 grams) oats
– 2/3 cup (100 grams) walnuts, roughly broken
– 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup (100 grams) ground almonds
– Handful of sunflower seeds
Get the full, printable recipe over on Susan Jane White’s site. What do you think of this recipe? Any changes you would make to it?