Have Fancier Fried Chicken With A Bacon Parmesan Twist
Summer is coming and that means our dream menus are filling up with picnic foods: potato salad, deviled eggs and – of course – fried chicken. If you just can’t wait until the warmer months are really here, fry up this Bacon Parmesan Encrusted version from My Fridge Food. Each bite will bring the sunshine that much closer.
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup shredded cheese, for melting on top (My Fridge Food recommends mozzarella)
– 3 or 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbed (It’s OK if they’re slightly underdone)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tablespoon water
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup (depending on skillet size) oil, for frying
– Four 4 to 5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking pan by covering it with foil and placing a wire rack on top.
- Mix the egg and water together in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and garlic.
- Combine the shredded cheese and bacon crumbles in yet another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the egg mixture, then in the Parmesan-and-spice mixture.
- Fry the chicken in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Place the chicken on the rack in the baking pan and bake about 20 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, top with the shredded cheese and bacon mix, and bake it until the cheese melts. Alternatively, you can also place it under the broiler.
I’m really excited by this one, guys. What are some of your other favorite twists on fried chicken?