Hatching Hard-Boiled Eggs for More Easter Fun
We were big fans of the adorable hatching chick deviled eggs, so when we saw this take on a hatching egg, we knew we had to share this one with you as well. These hatching chick hard boiled eggs are so easy to make. All it takes is a hard boiled egg and some strategically-cut carrots.
Here’s how you make ’em:
- Hard boil as many eggs as you’d like hatching chicks.
- While the eggs are boiling, work on your chicken legs. All you need to do is cut 3″ matchsticks out of large peeled carrots. Cut each matchstick so that it comes to a point.
- If you have an “E” alphabet cutter, then cut the letter E into 1/4″ carrot slices. Cut the edges off of the “E” so that your carrot looks more like a chicken foot. (If you don’t have an “E” cutter, we’re pretty sure you could just do some careful knife work instead.)
- Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to poke holes in the center of each foot. Then, poke a carrot stick into the hole, being sure to remove any carrot that pokes through the bottom of the foot.
- Insert two carrot chicken legs into the bottom of each hard boiled egg.
- If you wish, serve the eggs on a bed of crushed Triscuits.