Guilt-Free and Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free and sugar-free? Do these cookies even still count as cookies? Can we still call them dessert? The answer to all three questions is, happily, a big ol’ YES! POPSUGAR shows us how to make these happy, healthy treats.
– 1 can white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed
– 1/2 cup quick oats (or certified gluten-free quick oats)
– 1/4 cup peanut butter
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
– 1/3 cup unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Blend all of the ingredients except the chocolate together in a food processer until very well combined. If you like cookies with more texture, you can also mash the beans with a fork and then mix all the ingredients together by hand.
- Mix in the chocolate.
- Scoop onto the baking sheet in scoops 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Not only are these cookies guilt-free, they’re also super-easy to whip up whenever a craving strikes! Love it. How about you? Will you give these cookies a try? Would you have ever guessed that one of the ingredients would be beans?