Grow Some Cute With Jelly Bean Flowerpot Cupcakes
Few things are as impressive as desserts that are as lovely to behold as they are enjoyable to eat. Once you’ve mastered the latter, turn to this cupcake decorating tutorial from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio that shows you how to make Jelly Bean Flowerpot Cupcakes that are almost too cute to bite.
– Jelly beans, in assorted sizes and colors
– Colored candies (Mike and Ikes, gumballs, etc.)
– Chocolate cupcakes in standard cups
– Chocolate cupcakes baked in silicone flower pots
– Chocolate buttercream
– Green vanilla buttercream
- Prepare your chocolate cupcakes as directed by your favorite recipe. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare your chocolate and green vanilla buttercream as directed by your favorite recipes. Put into piping bags.
- Pipe a thin layer of chocolate buttercream on top of the standard-sized cupcakes.
- Place jelly beans in a flower pattern, working from the outside in.
- Place the standard cupcakes in the fridge to set and harden the buttercream. This step will help the jelly beans to stay put.
- With a grass tip, pipe the green vanilla buttercream and cover the tops of the flower pot cupcakes.
- Switch to a petal tip on the green vanilla buttercream and add leaves along the edges of the cupcake, on top of the “grass.”
- Place the flower standard cupcake so it’s lying on its side on top of the grass flowerpot cupcake.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to serve. They are best consumed within 2 to 3 days.
These are adorable! Plus, one “flower” equals two cupcakes! What do you think of this decorating tutorial? Can you think of any other occasions where these cupcakes would work well?