Grilled Zucchini Rolls
Summer might be technically over, but there’s reminder still hanging out in our pantries and refrigerators: zucchini! So. Much. Zucchini. Luckily enough, fall means the start of the season of parties and gatherings, and what do we need at those? Delicious appetizers, that’s what— the perfect way to make use of all that zucchini. Today, we’re using it to make an awesome vegetarian appetizer that’s sure to please everybody. With goat cheese, peppers and capers, these Grilled Zucchini Rolls are fresh, full of flavor, and for every palate. Let us show you how simple they are to make, then read on for the full recipe and whip some up for your next party!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
GRILLED ZUCCHINI ROLLS
Makes 6 to 8 rolls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan on high heat. If cooking on the stovetop, make sure the fan is on.
- Place the zucchini on a cutting board, and cut off each end to make a straight edge. Cutting lengthwise, trim the outer edges from each zucchini, then cut each one into ½-inch strips. You should end up with 6 to 8 identical zucchini strips.
- Place the zucchini on the grill or grill pan, and cook until tender, about three minutes per side. Remove from the grill and place the cooked zucchini slices on a wire rack.TipHero
- Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons of goat cheese on each strip. Season with salt and pepper, and evenly divide the capers, red peppers and oregano between each zucchini slice.
- Gently roll each filled slice of zucchini.TipHero
- Pierce each rolled and filled zucchini slice with a toothpick to secure. Serve and enjoy!
So tasty! We love how light this appetizer is. It’s great for all seasons, from summer when you don’t want anything heavy, to winter when you need to balance those heavier casseroles and desserts. Whenever you serve it, it’s sure to be a hit, especially since it’s so adaptable! Don’t like those capers? Take ’em out! Prefer a different type of pepper? Throw it in there! Need it to be vegan? Pick your favorite vegan substitute and spread it on there. Whatever you need them to be, these zucchini rolls can handles.
So now you tell us: how will you make yours? Will you give these zucchini rolls a try? Are there any other veggies you think you could serve this way? Tell us if you try them and how they turn out for you!
Recipe slightly adapted from Cookin’ Canuck