We’re guessing your kids would be pretty excited to wake up to green pancakes on St. Patrick’s Day this year. They’re super easy to make and can be topped with anything you’d like to make them more delicious and festive. I Heart Nap Time has the recipe for us:
Here’s what you need:
-1 cup milk
-2 Tbsp white vinegar
-1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-2 Tbsp sugar
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 Tbsp melted butter
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-green food coloring
And here’s how you make the pancakes:
- Grease a griddle, then preheat a griddle to 300 degrees.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl, then set aside to let sit for a few minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate large bowl.
- Whisk egg, butter and vanilla into the milk. Add food coloring until you reach the color you’re looking for.
- Combine milk mixture with flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Use a 1/4 cup to pour batter onto the griddle. Cook pancakes on one side until bubbles begin to pop. Then flip them to the other side and cook until golden brown.
- Finish by topping your pancakes with whatever you’d like. Lucky Charms give these pancakes an even more festive Irish touch.