Green Eggs and Ham
In a box or with a fox, in a house or with a mouse, here or there or anywhere, it’s a recipe we have to share. Just take a look and you will see, this easy dish is so healthy. Even if you’re not Sam-I-Am, we know you’ll love Green Eggs and Ham!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
GREEN EGGS AND HAM
Serves 4 (as a main dish) or 8 (1 egg per person)
– 7 ounces (little less than ½ cup) diced ham
– 20 ounces (about 7 ½) cups chopped kale
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 8 eggs
– 2 ounces (about ⅓ cup) feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Line a half sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Add the ham to the sheet pan and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until it starts to brown.
- Remove the ham from the pan and set aside. Add the chopped kale to the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the kale for 5 minutes, until it starts to wilt.
- Take the pan out of the oven and add the ham back to it.
- Make little nests in the kale and break an egg into each one. Sprinkle the feta over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the whites are firm but the yolks are still runny.
- Don’t worry when the kale initially fills up the entire pan! Greens always cook down in size considerably.
- This dish is excellent served with a slice of toast.