Confession: I’m not usually a big fan of regular lemonade; it’s just too sour for me, no matter how much sugar is in it. I am, however, pretty obsessed with strawberries, and with pick-your-own strawberry season upon us, I’m constantly searching for new recipes that use them. 365 Days of Baking and More has one that puts a strawberry twist on lemonade that looks refreshing and sweet enough to put my lemon-reservations to rest. Give it a try!
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 cups water
– Juice from 8 lemons (about 1 3/4 cups)
– 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
– 4 cups cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 1/2 cups water. Heat over medium low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sugar-water into a pitcher.
- In a blender, purée the strawberries and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the sugar-water in the pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Pour in the 4 cups of cold water and stir.
- Serve in glasses with ice.
This drink looks so refreshing, and it’s making me thirsty! I can’t wait to pick my own strawberries and make it. What about you? Do you have some favorite twists on lemonade? What about some favorite recipes for strawberries?