I cannot believe my eyes right now. It’s root beer…that you can eat with a fork. IT’S DEEP FRIED ROOT BEER FLOATS. And people say that this deep fried fad has gone too far. I say this is JUST far enough. The concept of a fried root bear float defies all logic. It’s traditionally a beverage, so how could it possibly be deep fried?! Oh. Just wait. Watch the video below to see how this wonderful deep fried concoction is made.
It’s black magic of the best kind. This is the perfect dessert for spring – light and fluffy with the sweet flavor of root beer! I guarantee serving this dessert up at any springtime party will be an absolute hit.
Your friends and family have definitely never had this kind of root beer float before. Trust me, they’ll be thanking you for it.
FRIED ROOT BEER FLOATS
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp. vegetable oil
– 3/4 cup root beer
– 1 cup flour
– 2 tbsp. sugar
– 3/4 tsp. baking powder
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1 quart frying oil
– Piping bag
2. Combine the dry ingredients and then add the wet mixture. Whisk together until it forms a batter.
3. Put the batter into a piping bag.
4. Pour a quart of frying oil into a pan and heat.
5. Once heated up, pipe the batter into circles, as many as you’d like, on top of the oil.
6. Cook each side until golden brown. Serve with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream.