French toast is a reliable and delicious go-to for any brunch, but for EASTER brunch, don’t you want it to be a little more special? Of course you do! Thankfully there are tons of tasty varieties out there, and our current favorites are these three versions from The Domestic Geek. She’s here showing us how to take French toast from something already special to something incredibly fun and decadent, combining it with extra cinnamon, strawberry cheesecake, and even peanut-butter-and-jelly flavors for brunch like we’ve never had it before. Check it out and pick your favorite!
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
– 1 loaf crusty French bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
– 2 cups milk
– 6 eggs
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ¼ cup maple syrup
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, ¼ cup maple syrup and cinnamon until they are well combined.
- Place the bread cubes in a large zipper bag. Pour the egg mixture into the bag over the bread and mix until all of the bread is well-coated. Refrigerate for at least an hour or, preferably, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop the bread mixture into a well-greased muffin tin. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins are set and golden on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Drizzle the mixture over the muffins and serve immediately.
PB&J FRENCH TOAST ROLL-UPS
– 3 tablespoons peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons grape jelly
– 8-10 slices sandwich bread
– 4 eggs
– ½ cup milk
– 1 tablespoon butter
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, stir the peanut butter and jelly together until they are well-combined.
- Using a serrated bread knife, remove the crusts from the bread. Gently roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin until it’s nice and thin.
- Spread each slice with the PB&J mixture, then roll each slice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip each roll in the egg mixture and then fry it, turning often, until it is golden on all sides.
- Sprinkle each roll with cinnamon-sugar and serve with maple syrup.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FRENCH TOAST
– 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ lemon, juiced and zested
– ½ cup diced strawberries
– 1 sourdough loaf
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 4 eggs
– ½ cup milk or cream
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixture, beat the cream cheese, strawberries and vanilla extract until they are smooth.
- Using a sharp serrated bread knife, cut four 1 ½-inch-wide slices of bread. Using a small serrated knife, cut a pocket into each bread slice, being sure not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each pocket with the strawberry cream cheese mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla extract together.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and fry it until it is golden brown on both sides.
These all look so good, but that Strawberry Cheesecake versions looks INCREDIBLE and a little ridiculous in all the best ways. What do you think? Which one will you be trying first?