Enjoy an Easy Treat With Apple Pie Egg Rolls
We typically think of apple pie as a fall dessert, and one that we look forward to all year long. After this past winter, though, we think we deserve our favorite foods without having the pay the weather price. With this simple recipe, Spend With Pennies seems to agree with us. Check out how to turn apple pie into Apple Pie Egg Rolls for a dessert you can enjoy outside and on-the-go.
– 3 cups sliced and diced apples (about 3 apples)
– 4 tablespoons sugar
– 4 teaspoons flour
– 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 12 egg roll wrappers
– Oil for frying
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry each egg roll for 4 to 5 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Will you try this recipe? Have you ever had apple pie in an alternate form before?