Egg & Bacon Hash Brown Nests
Hash Brown nests are a fun and easy way to batch cook breakfast. Customize them any way you want with eggs, spinach, ham, tomatoes, bacon, your favorite melting cheese, the options are endless. I typically bake a batch on Sundays to enjoy throughout the week. Check out the video below to see how easy they are to whip up:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Hash Brown Nests
20 oz bag refrigerated shredded hash browns
4 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
pinch ground black pepper
1. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Spray generously to keep the cheese from sticking.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined.
3. Scoop about 1/3 cup of the hash brown mix into each muffin tin. Press the hash
browns down into the tin and up the sides. Let it come up over the top a little bit, as
they will shrink down once baked.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
6 large eggs
3 Tbsp heavy cream or half and half
pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper
½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or melting cheese of your choice)
1 packed cup of chopped fresh spinach leaves
1. Scramble the eggs together with the cream and salt and pepper in a large
measuring cup with a spout.
2. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin tins, filling each about ¾ of the
3. Sprinkle on a handful of bacon, then spinach, then top with the cheese.
4. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the egg is no
longer runny in the middle.