We already know that avocados are incredibly good for you, and you guys know that around here, we’re pretty obsessed with finding new ways to eat and enjoy their delicious, creamy taste. So you can imagine how excited we were to discover this latest way to get it in our stomachs: avocado ice cream! POPSUGAR Food harnesses avocado’s substitution-friendly powers and takes them to their logical conclusion, giving us a frozen treat that’s not only vegan, but 100 percent guilt-free. Check it out!
All You Need:
– One 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
– 1 1/2 avocados
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon out the avocado flesh.
- In a food processer, mix the avocado flesh and lemon juice until you get a smooth avocado cream. Set aside.
- Open the coconut milk can upside down and drain the excess coconut water. Reserve the water for other recipes!
- Spoon the coconut cream into a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until it’s a soft, whipped cream consistency.
- Gently fold in the avocado cream and rice syrup until incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into a freezer safe dish and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Vegan, healthy, and pretty easy to make— what’s not to love?! Will you try making this recipe? What are some of your other favorite ways to incorporate avocado into dessert?