Here’s an Incredibly Quick and Easy Shrimp Recipe You’ll Want to Make Tonight
Shrimp is an all-around powerhouse food. Low in calories but very high in protein, shrimp is a lean food that will keep you full all night long. Also packed with vitamin D and calcium, shrimp is a delicious way to get healthy teeth and bones. If you’re not a huge fan of seafood, however, and you want to give shrimp a try, you’ll want a really fantastic recipe to ease you into the shellfish life. Enter: this unbelievably tasty and easy-to-make shrimp scampi! You can whip up this dish in minutes and – trust us – it will be GONE in the same amount of time. Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
I am CRAVING shrimp scampi now – this recipe looks amazing!
The one step that you need to be careful with is the “slam dunk” of the shrimp. Also known as, flipping the plate of shrimp into the hot, buttered skillet. That skillet is going to be VERY hot and the butter might pop up to splash you, especially if you slam the plate down too hard. Be extra careful not to burn yourself on this step!
EASY SHRIMP SCAMPI
– 1 lb. shrimp
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 2 tsp. minced garlic
– 1/4 cup of dry white vermouth
– 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
– 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
– 2 tsp. chopped parsley
2. Heat butter in skillet until melted and bubbling.
3. Flip the plate of shrimp into the skillet firmly so that the shrimp remain in position.
4. Season with garlic and then flip the shrimp over. Once cooked through, place shrimp on a separate plate.
5. Pour vermouth, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and more salt and pepper into the skillet to make the scampi sauce. Combine.
6. Pour the sauce over the shrimp for instant scampi.