How to Make Easy Mini Apple Pies
When we think of fall desserts, one is clearly the queen: apple pie! What could be better, then, than a recipe that shrinks it down to an adorably miniature size that makes it perfect for toting about and sharing? That’s what this recipe from Piggy Wolf does, and it has us impatient to give it a try. Check out how cute and easy-to-make these treats are!
– 3 Granny Smith apples
– 2 Pears (Optional. Replace pears with apples if preferred.)
– 3 sheets frozen store-bought shortcrust pastry (or your favorite homemade pie crust dough)
– 2 sheets frozen store-bought puff pastry (or your favorite homemade pie crust dough)
– 2 tablespoons caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra for dusting
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/3 cup water
– 1 egg
– Plain flour for dusting
– 3 1/2 inch (9 centimeters) and 2 3/4 inch (7 centimeters) diameter circle cutters
Delicious and adorable! A great alternative to cupcakes this fall, don’t you think? Get your written recipe over on Piggy Wolf’s blog and then tell us if you give it a try! Have you ever made miniature pies before?