Your doughnut craving is about to get easier to satisfy than ever! These Easy Maple Bars come together so quickly and taste so much better than many of the other options out there. PLUS, they’re covered in an incredible maple glaze that’s just the right amount of sweet, and they taste incredible topped with BACON. Check them out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
EASY MAPLE BARS
Makes 8 maple bars
–1 container Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
–Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying, enough for 1-inch depth in medium pot
–¼ cup maple syrup
–½ teaspoon maple extract
–1 teaspoon vanilla extract
–2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
–3 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepot over medium heat, heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). It can take up to 7 to 10 minutes, so keep checking the temperature with your thermometer.
- While the oil is heating, roll the biscuits into long, thin rectangles.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the dough bars, two at a time, until they are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried bars from the oil and place on paper towels to drain the excess oil. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Make the maple glaze by stirring the maple syrup, maple extract, vanilla extract, milk, powdered sugar and salt together with a spatula. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk and/or maple syrup, as needed.
- Dip one side of each bar into the maple glaze.
What an easy way to make homemade doughnuts! Have you ever seen this technique before?