Easy Easter Cookie Bars
If you’re looking for a fun last-minute dessert to make for Easter this year, look no further! You can transform simple boxed cake mix into the ultimate Easter cookie bars. This quick recipe comes together with only minutes of prep and will put smiles on both little and big kid’s faces. Plus, it involves everybody’s favorite Easter indulgence: Peeps! Check out the video below to see how it comes together and give them a try yourself.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Peeps Easter Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- Yellow box cake mix
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package of Bunny Peeps
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high for about two minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and 4 eggs yolks, and mix to combine.
- Add the box of yellow cake mix, and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Spread the dough into the greased baking pan, and press into an even layer.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- While the cookie layer bakes, being to make the white chocolate fudge layer by placing the white chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Add the can of sweetened condensed milk, and microwave for 1 minute until well-combined. Stir to make sure both elements are evenly distributed.
- Pour the white chocolate fudge over the baked cookie layer, spreading evenly. Top with sprinkles.
- Place the Bunny Peeps in even rows and columns on top of the sprinkle-topped fudge layer.
- Chill the cookie bars in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready to enjoy, slice into even bars around the Peeps, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from PopSugar