Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Two things we absolutely adore: chocolate, and sneaking healthier ingredients into our favorite sweet treats. So when we found this idea for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread, we absolutely couldn’t wait to give it a try and share it with you! That’s right, not only does this delicious bread feature a double dose of chocolate taste, it’s sneaking some zucchini in there for good measure. After all, it’s one of our favorite veggies to include in our baked goods, and at this point, we’re starting to prefer our sweet breads with it. You just can’t beat that natural sweet taste and versatile, easy-to-cook with quality. We’re betting you’ll start to feel the same after you watch this delicious recipe come together. Check it out, then read on for the recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Makes 1 8½-inch-by-4½-inch loaf
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease an 8½-inch-by-4½-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, brown sugar, cocoa, zucchini and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Note that there might be a light smear of chocolate from the melted chocolate chips.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Cool the bread completely before slicing. If you like, serve garnished with a drizzle of melted chocolate and more chocolate chips. Store well-wrapped and at room temperature.
Oh, we are in LOVE with this one! We don’t think anybody would ever guess that there’s zucchini hidden in there, do you? And yet it totally is, adding a little extra delicate, sweet vegetable power to this super chocolaty bread. And WOW, is it chocolaty! With cocoa powder AND chocolate chips – plus the option of drizzling more chocolate on top and/or adding additional chocolate chips for garnish – it’d be easy to think that it would be a little too much, but in reality, it’s just right. Perfect for breakfast, dessert, a snack— or all three!
Now you tell us: what do YOU think? Have you ever had a similar Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread before? Do you think you’ll give it a try? How would you adapt this recipe to make it your own?
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour