Want to add some more holiday decor to your home in the week leading up to Christmas? Then you’ll definitely want to try out this DIY wreath made out of a simple wire hanger, dollar store ornaments and a ribbon. The project is very straightforward, but the results are pretty stunning.
YouTube channel AJ’s Craft Room shows us how we can get this gorgeous end result, for only a few minutes of our time and a few bucks out of our wallets.
Now you can decide what color ornaments and ribbon you want to use, which is a great thing about this DIY. A traditional red and green wreath would look great, as would a classy silver or gold take on the project. And if you celebrate Hanuka, we definitely suggest a classic blue and silver wreath for your home!
No matter what you celebrate, you can find a combination of ornaments that will make for a lovely piece of festive home decor.
Cheap Christmas Wreath
- 50-80 Dollar Store ornaments
- Wire coat hanger
- Mold your wire hanger into a circle. Feel free to use something round, like a garbage can lid, as a guide, but the circle does not have to be perfect.
- Slide the ornaments onto the wire circle, using their metal hooks. Make sure to vary size to give the wreath some depth.
- Close off your coat hanger by twisting the two metal ends together as they originally were in hanger-form.
- Tie your ribbon onto the hook of your hanger to finish.