Delicious New Way to Jazz Up Your Chicken
We love Hasselback potatoes, so when we saw the same technique applied to chicken, we were definitely intrigued. This particular recipe from Cooking Creation creates a delicous twist of chicken breast loaded with pepper jack cheese and spinach. Using this method, you get the tastiness of stuffed chicken, but without all the fuss of butterflying, pounding, rolling and toothpicking. You’ll definitely want to add this one to your weeknight recipe index.
Here’s what you need:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 lb
-4 oz pepper jack cheese, sliced into thin 1/4 inch slices
-1/2 cup cooked spinach (frozen and thawed or sauteed fresh)
-1 tbsp seasoned bread crumb
-1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
-Salt, to taste
-Pepper, to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut slits in the chicken widthwise that are about 3/4″ apart. Be sure not to cut all the way down (leaving meat connected at the bottom.) Aim for about 7-8 slits per breast.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the slits of the chicken with pepper jack cheese slices, then spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and Cajun seasonings. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Lightly grease as many sheets of tin foil as you have chicken breasts. Make a “bowl” loosely surrounding each chicken breast to keep the juices contained.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove each chicken from its “bowl” and place on serving dish.