Have a craving for some classic, slow-cooked, super rich, potato and sausage soup tonight? Don’t head to your local Italian restaurant— grab your crock-pot! This absolutely delicious Zuppa Toscana is easy to make and SO satisfying and hearty, making it the perfect dish when you want to feel really cozy but just don’t have a lot of time to put it all together. All you need is some sausage, some veggies, and your slow cooker, and you can have this amazing Tuscan soup in just a few hours. Watch and learn how.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CROCK-POT ZUPPA TOSCANA
– 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
– 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– 4 cups chicken broth
– ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for individual servings
– 1 large bunch kale, leaves stripped from the stalks and chopped (about 2 cups chopped kale leaves)
– ¾ cup heavy cream
- Crumble the sausage into a medium skillet and brown over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the sausage, potatoes, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Parmesan to the crockpot
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in the kale and cook on high for 10 more minutes, or until the kale is wilted but still bright green.
- If you want thicker soup, mash up some of the cooked potatoes at the end of cooking!