Crock Pot Taco Chili
We’re all dreaming of spring, but for most of us, warmer temperatures are still at least a month away. Let’s warm ourselves up with some hearty, comforting, and just-spicy-hot-enough chili, shall we? This Southwestern-style dish takes its inspiration from tacos, and since you can make it in your crockpot, it’s just about as easy as it gets! Watch how it’s made, then whip some up to get you through the last of these cold winter days.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CROCKPOT TACO CHILI
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 – 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 – 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 – 15-ounce can tomato sauce
– 2 – 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
– 2 cups frozen corn
– 1 tablespoon salt
– 1-½ teaspoon black pepper
– 1 ounce (1 package) taco seasoning
– 1 tablespoon ground cumin
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1-½ pounds (2 pieces) chicken breast
– Garnishes: Sour cream, cilantro, shredded cheese, or your favorites
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the chicken, into the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Add the chicken and cover with the mixed sauce. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- After 3 ½ to 5 ½ hours – 30 minutes before the chili is done – remove the chicken and shred with two forks. It should easily fall apart! Return chicken to the crockpot, stir to combine and finish cooking with the lid off for the final 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, cilantro or shredded cheese.
Easy and delicious! What do you think of it? Have you ever made a taco-inspired chili before? How would you make this recipe your own?
Recipe adapted from Table For Two