Cool Off and Perk Up With Iced Coffee Popsicles
Are you a coffee fiend? Is coffee flavored ice cream not strong enough for you? Then you will love these refreshing iced coffee popsicles from The View from Great Island! They’re super easy to make and will perk you right up on any summer day. Just keep in mind that these pops are not creamy like Frappuccinos or ice cream. They are truly meant for coffee lovers who love a strong, refreshing iced coffee taste. We’re thinking they’d be the perfect after dinner treat to serve after dining al fresco this summer!
What You Need:
Note from The View from Great Island:
These amounts are approximate, based on my mold. Mix up about 2 1/4 cups of cold coffee with cream and sugar to your liking. You’ll need a little extra sweetened cream for the white tips of the pops.
-2 cups of strong coffee
-1/2 to 1/3 cup heavy cream (plus extra for bottom of molds)
-sugar to taste
What To Do:
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the cream and sweeten it with some sugar, stirring until dissolved completely. Pour a small amount of this sugared cream into the bottom of each mold (about 1/4″ to 1/2″ high).
- Freeze the mold until the cream is completely solid (should take about an hour).
- In a glass measuring cup, mix together coffee, additional cream and sugar (to taste). Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate this mixture until it is chilled.
- Once chilled, pour coffee mixture into each mold, filling to the top of each mold. Cover the top of the mold with foil, then insert popsicle sticks into the centers of each popsicle.
- Freeze mold until popsicles are completely solid.
- Once frozen, fill your sink with hot water and submerge mold into the water (right up to, but not past, the top ledge). Do this for 15-30 seconds, or until popsicles slide out easily.
- Eat immediately or store by wrapping them individually in plastic baggies or waxed paper and placing them in the freezer.