You deserve a vacation. How do the tropics sound to you? While we’d all love to whisk away to a beachy island full of sun and drinks with little umbrellas in them, we still have that whole kids, work, and responsibility combination to consider. Until we can all actually take the trip of our dreams, we’d like to share with you our at-home escape-on-a-plate! This cake is filled to the brim with the tropical cake of coconut, and one bite will have you feeling almost as indulged as a feet-in-the-sand kind of day. And since this dessert is supposed to be a break, we’re making it as EASY as possible, transforming a boxed cake mix you can whip up with only a few ingredients. Watch how it works, and treat yourself!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
COCONUT CREAM POKE CAKE
–1 – 18-ounce box white cake mix + ingredients called for in package directions
–1 – 15-ounce can cream of coconut
–1 – 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
–1 – 8-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare the white cake mix according to package directions, then bake in a 9-inch-by-13-inch pan according to package directions.
- Once the cake has baked but while it is still hot, use a chopstick or the round handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of it.
- Stir the cream of coconut and pour over the cake. Spread it around so it will soak in and cover all the holes.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Frost with the whipped topping and then top with the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, allowing the flavors to meld completely.
So simple, so simply delicious. Of course, you can also make a white cake from scratch if you prefer, then follow the same poking method! This recipe is so easy, it’s also easily adaptable to your favorite methods and your favorite flavors. What other tropical flavors would you like to see get the “poke cake” treatment? Have you ever made a poke cake before?
Recipe from The Country Cook