Forget desserts and high-calorie beverages. The one indulgence I just can’t give up? Bread. Whether it’s a sandwich, a side, or even, sometimes, a snack, bread is probably my favorite food. Still, I know that a truly healthy diet is lower in bread than I might want. What to do? Fellow bread lovers, there is, thankfully, an awesome solution— 1-carb bread that’s actually incredibly delicious! It’s called “cloud bread,” and it’s super easy to make. Just watch how simply it comes together, and whip some up to fulfill all of your bread needs without any of the guilt.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1-CARB ROSEMARY CLOUD BREAD
Makes 8 to 9
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
– 3 eggs, separated
– 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
– Dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg yolks and honey together until smooth.
- In a second bowl, add the baking powder to the egg whites and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Quickly spoon the mixture into 8 to 9 even circles on the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes on the middle rack. Broil for 1 minute, until the breads have become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
How beautiful is this bread?! We love how light and airy it is, while still being perfect for healthy sandwiches. Have you ever tried making cloud bread before? What do you think of this recipe?
Recipe adapted from The Big Apple Mama