Cinnamon Roll Doughnut Fries – Oh, Yeah!
We understand. This is a lot to process. At first glance, you think they’re French fries – but no, it turns out they’re donut fries! And there is nothing wrong with that. But wait, they’re not just donuts in the shape of fries, they’re cinnamon rolls turned into donuts in the shape of fries! Are you following all this? Like we said, it’s a lot to process. All you really need to know is that these crispy, sweet snacks are every cinnamon roll-lovers dream, and they should be made IMMEDIATELY. Watch the video below to see how it’s done, then get to the kitchen ASAP.
Just when I thought this recipe had reached its maximum level of deliciousness, I realized what was going on with the sweet glaze included with the pre-packaged cinnamon buns. YOU’RE DOING TO DUNK THE FRIES INTO THE GLAZE. LIKE A DIP. MADNESS.
So save that glaze for the end. You’ll be so happy you did.
What do you think of these dessert fries? Are you running off to make them now? We hope so!
CINNAMON ROLL DONUT FRIES
– 1 can cinnamon roll dough
– 48 oz bottle vegetable oil
2. Flatten each roll. Separate the roll into three strips and roll each one into little straws.
3. In a deep pan, put your vegetable oil. Heat to 350 ºF.
4. Toss in the doughy fries and let each straw fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Take the fries out and put them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
6. In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Toss the fries in this mixture for extra cinnamon-goodness.
7. Dip in the glaze and enjoy.