How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Everybody loves chocolate chip cookies. We’ve yet to meet anybody who doesn’t like cheesecake. So we’re pretty sure this latest recipe from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking is going to make a lot of dreams come true. Oh yes, it’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake! And this cheesecake isn’t just a regular, plain one with some bits of cookie dough haphazardly added; oh no. This dessert is a cheesecake full of chocolate chip cookie flavor, topped with chocolate chip cookie “sprinkles,” and, best of all, it’s baked on the ultimate, perfect crust: a giant chocolate chip cookie. Does it get any better than that?! We don’t think so, and we think you’ll agree once you watch Gemma whip one up. Watch how it’s made, then read on for information so you can make this one IMMEDIATELY.
- 2 cups (1 pound/450 grams) chocolate chip cookie dough (see below)
- 3 cups (1 pound 8 ounces/675 grams) cream cheese, room temperature (see below)
- ½ cup (3 ounces/90 grams) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces/225 milliliters) cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces/170 grams) mini chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces/60 grams) butter
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons whisked egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 12 cups (6 pints/3 liters) whole milk
- 6 to 9 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice or white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Find the full recipes on Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking
- The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crust recipe and its amounts are doubled from Gemma’s original chocolate chip cookie recipe. The original cookie recipe only yields a small amount, so you will need more for the cheesecake crust.
- To get 2 tablespoons of whisked eggs – called for in the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Crust recipe – simply crack an egg or two into a small bowl. Whisk the yolk and whites together until well-blended, then measure out 2 tablespoons.
- You can also use your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe for the crust, if you prefer.
- You can, of course use regular, store-bought cream cheese for your cheesecake if you’re not interested in making your own like Gemma does.
- The Cream Cheese recipe is tripled from Gemma’s original recipe. The original recipe yields only 1 cup, and you will need 3 cups for this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake.
Oh. My. Goodness. How absolutely, delectably delicious does this cheesecake look?! As Gemma says, every single bit contains that incredible chocolate chip cookie taste, creating a dessert that is almost too good to be true. Almost.
We love, too, that this recipe is gelatin-free and that the cheesecake itself is egg-free. If you’d like the entire recipe to be egg-free, just use your favorite eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe to make the crust and the cookie “sprinkles.”
So what do you think? Will you give this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake a try? Have you ever made anything similar, or tried other kinds of cookie crusts? What other chocolate chip cookie desserts to you love? Let us know if you try it and how it turns out, and be sure to visit Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking!