How to Make a Chiffon Cake with Just 3 Ingredients
This cake might not take many ingredients or much work at all, but the results are still impressive and totally satisfying! With just some eggs, sugar and flour, Ochikeron shows us how to make a cake that’s as light and airy as the material that gives it its name. It’s totally satisfying without being overly filling. Watch how it’s made, then read on for the recipe!
Just 3 Ingredients
– 4 eggs
– 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 5 tablespoons cake flour
- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 15 minutes. until white and fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift the cake flour into the egg-and-sugar mixture, half at a time, and mix on low speed with an electric mixer for a minute or two in total, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased tube pan. Drop it lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Be sure not to open the oven door!
- When it’s done, drop the pan lightly on a counter to prevent shrinking.
- Turn the pan upside down and place it on a bottle, so it’s suspended over the counter. Allow it to cool completely – for about an hour or two – before removing it from the pan. Remove the cake from the pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
The cake will last overnight at room temperature, two to three days in the fridge and a week in the freezer! What a lovely, light cake for only a few ingredients. Do you think you’ll give it a try?