Chicken Tomato Pasta Bake
Can’t get enough of chicken? Prefer pasta to just about everything else? Always on the look-out for new and satisfying recipes the whole family will love? Us too, and we’ve got a recipe that fits all three needs! It’s a Chicken Tomato Pasta Bake, made with three kinds of cheese and fresh spinach for a colorful and beautiful dish that will leave YOU full in the best way. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CHICKEN TOMATO PASTA BAKE
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– One 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
– 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
– 2 ounces (1/4 of 8-ounce package) cream cheese
– One 9-ounce package fresh spinach leaves, chopped
– 1-1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, cooked according to package directions (or your preferred type of penne pasta)
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides, then remove from the pan. It’s OK if it’s not quite cooked-through because it will be baked later.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then add the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce.
- Add the cream cheese and stir to melt into the sauce.
- Add the spinach and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Add the browned chicken back in and add the pasta. Stir and coat with the sauce.
- Spoon everything into a 2-quart casserole or 8-inch square baking dish. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- If you would like the cheese on top to be bubbly and brown, after the dish has baked for 20 minutes, you can turn the oven setting to broil and briefly broil the top.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything