Here’s an Excellent Meal Idea for a Kid’s Party!
As much as we try to cultivate healthy, quality eating habits in our children, they’re always going to be drawn to the less-healthy, more-processed treats at least some of the time. One perennial popular dish? Hot Pockets. Since we know we really do NOT want to give them to our kids, we need a great compromise, and we found one in this dish from Food Network’s Farmhouse Rules. Not only are these homemade “Taco Pacos” full of ingredients you can control, she’s giving them a southwestern spin for even-better flavor. Check them out!
– Nonstick cooking spray
– 1 ½ cups shredded or roughly chopped cooked chicken
– ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
– 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– ½ teaspoon plus 1 pinch ground cumin
– ½ teaspoon paprika
– 1 medium tomato, finely diced
– 1 cup refried pinto beans, mashed
– 1 tablespoon bacon fat, optional
– 1 egg
– 1 ½ pounds pizza dough
Fun and tasty! Get your copy of the full printable recipe over on the Food Network site and tell us if you give these “taco pacos” a try. Have you ever made homemade hot pockets before? What other fillings would you like to see?