With summer approaching, it’s time to get your picnic game in gear. The perfect thing to liven up the summer menu is this unbelievable chicken salad recipe! Fresh and bursting with so many perfect summer flavors, this taste of home-style is exactly what your picnic needs. Plus, it’s easy to whip up in a flash. Between how simple this recipe is and how delicious it is, your family will be begging you to be making long past barbecue season! Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
Pair this salad with strips of pita bread, or enjoy a sandwich on a nice, doughy roll! The flavors of this chicken salad speak for themselves, making this it’s own, standalone menu item.
What do you think of this chicken salad recipe? Do you make chicken salad in an even better way? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
– 3 lbs. chicken breast
– 1 can chicken broth
– 1 cup celery
– 1/2 cup water chestnut
– 1/2 cup onion
– 1/2 cup red bell pepper
– 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
– 3 cups mayonnaise
– 1 tsp. red pepper
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. white pepper
2. Remove the chicken from pot and use a fork to shred it off the bone.
3. Combine shredded chicken, celery, onion, peppers, and water chestnut in a bowl.
4. Mix mayo with peppers and salt. Add this to the chicken mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Cover and let chill for 4 hours.