This Chicken Casserole Is a Perfect Weeknight Meal
Weeknights are a hectic time for everyone. Between trying to get the kids to their after school programs, finishing up work, and wishing you had time to clean, how can you possibly find the energy to whip up an elaborate meal for your family? But when the other option is unhealthy or expensive takeout, what can you do?
We have the perfect solution! There is a way to cook your family a wholesome dinner without stressing over a hot stove all night, you just have to find the right balance.
A meal that finds that perfect middle ground is the casserole. With layers of deliciously warm food, a casserole tastes like a high-end dinner, but takes the minimal amount of effort to make. All you have to do is compile the casserole and bake it to the required time! Simple as that.
Who knows, you might even find some time to clean while your amazing dinner is baking away! (Just kidding, go put on sweatpants and turn on Netflix.)
The next step is finding a casserole that suits your tastes. Casseroles are basically like a blank page, so you can fill them however you please. While this is very empowering, it can also get a little overwhelming; with so many flavors to choose from, you can easily get blown off course trying to make the perfect dinner.
If you’re searching for the perfect combination of flavor for your casserole, we highly suggest this chicken and baked potato casserole, brought to us by Todd’s Kitchen! These two comfort foods combined into one dish makes for the ultimate winter meal. It’s the perfect way to warm up after a day of fighting the chilly winter wind.
This dish only takes about an hour and half to bake and your entire family will go nuts for this indulgent, home cooked meal. What do you think of this casserole recipe? Is there a casserole combo that’s your go-to? Share your thoughts in comments section below.
Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 4 cubed potatoes
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Diced bacon
- 2 cups cheese
- 3/4 cup cream
- Chives to taste
- 2 tbs. butter
- Skin and cube your potatoes to start. Once prepared, put your potato cubes in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Layer your diced chicken breast on top of your potatoes. Season both layers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a sprinkling of diced bacon, feeling free to add as much or as little as you’d prefer.
- Add half of your cream on top of the bacon.
- Sprinkle on your layer of shredded cheese and some chives to taste.
- Repeat the layers from the start; potatoes, bacon, cheese, chives, salt, pepper, and the rest of your cream. Finish off with dabs of unsalted butter.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and put it in the oven to bake at 350℉ for one hour with foil on. After the hour, take off the foil and let the casserole finish baking for another half hour before serving.