Cheesy Twist on Fried Chicken That Will Knock Your Socks Off
Fried chicken is, no doubt, a treat that should be enjoyed sparingly. But on those occasions where you want to splurge, why not really go for it? You may think of mac & cheese as the perfect side dish to go on fried chicken, but what if we told you that mac & cheese could be a part of the chicken’s batter? Get ready to have your mind blown by this dangerously-good recipe from Oh Bite It:
To Make 6 Large Portions, You’ll Need:
-6 precooked fried boneless chicken tenders
-3 cups of prepared mac & cheese
-1 cup flour
-1 cup dried breadcrumbs
-1 cup of grated parmesan
-oil for frying
Here’s What You Do:
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together mac and cheese with the eggs and flour.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add bread crumbs and parmesan. Mix well to combine.
- Take each chicken tender and much in the mac & cheese “batter.” Coat well, then immediately roll them around in the bread crumbs mixture. Gently squeeze to make sure the “batter” and coating sticks.
- Fry them in the heated oil one at a time until golden and crispy.