Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole Recipe
Here’s a great crunchy, comforting casserole idea that incorporates one of your favorite snacks. Doritos add the perfect crunch to this easy, cheesy dinner. Check out the recipe courtesy of MyFridgeFood:
Here’s what you need:
-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided)
-1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (drained) – or salsa -1/2 packet taco seasoning
-1 large bag Doritos
-Shredded lettuce (optional)
-diced tomato (optional)
And here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together shredded chicken, 1 cup of cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Ro-tel tomatoes and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom, then top with a layer of chicken mixture. Continue with another layer of each, then top the whole thing with remaining cheese. Feel free to add more Doritos to the top as well if you desire.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Cheese should be bubbling.
- When finished, remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce and tomato if you’d like. Enjoy!